NCAA FINAL FOUR SCHEDULE
Friday, May 27 (National Semifinals)
PENN STATE vs. No. 3 North Carolina, 5 p.m. (ESPN3)
NO. 1 MARYLAND vs. No. 4 Syracuse, 7:30 p.m. (ESPN3)
Sunday, May 29 (National Championship Game)
PENN STATE-North Carolina Winner vs. MARYLAND-Syracuse Winner, Noon (ESPNU)
All times Eastern
BIG TEN. BIG NEWS.
• Top-seeded Maryland and Penn State will compete in the NCAA semifinals on Friday. The Nittany Lions will take on third-seeded North Carolina at 5 p.m. ET, while Maryland will face fourth-seeded Syracuse at 7:30 p.m.
• The Terrapins received a bye in the opening round of the NCAA Tournament before defeating Johns Hopkins in the second round and upending Massachusetts in the quarterfinals. The Terrapins are 21-0 on the season.
• Maryland is making its eighth straight Final Four appearance, while Penn State advanced to the national semifinals for the first time since 1999. The Terrapins are seeking their third straight national championship.
• Penn State upended Winthrop in the opening round of the NCAA Tournament, defeated second-seeded Florida in overtime of the second round and beat seventh-seeded Penn in University Park, Pa., in the quarterfinals.
• Maryland, which earned the outright Big Ten Championship and Big Ten Tournament title, is making its 32nd appearance in the NCAA Tournament and 27th straight trip.
• The Nittany Lions earned an at-large bid to the NCAA Tournament. Penn State is making its 22nd trip to the championship and its fifth straight appearance.
• Maryland's Taylor Cummings and Alice Mercer were named two of five finalists for the 2016 Tewaaraton Award. Cummings is the reigning two-time Tewaaraton winner.